It’s never easy to remove wallpaper from the walls, at least not for me. Getting the whole mess out and that too without damaging the wall is impossible. And if you’re going to do it the first time, it might be challenging for you.
But what if I say that now you can do this easily as icing the cake? You don’t trust me?
You have to! Because specially designed wallpaper steam cleaner can quickly do it for you that too without damaging your wall.
To renovate interiors, the tedious detachment of old wallpaper can not be prevented. In order not to have to work for hours with a spatula, water, and other aids, steam wallpaper remover provides real relief.
With the help of this steam power, you can easily melt the wallpaper’s glue within seconds. It starts getting off completely from the solid surface. And the good thing is it’s a chemical-free process, you just need to fill its tank with ordinary water and you are ready to go.
So if you love to change your wallpapers frequently (like me), then this wallpaper steam cleaner will save a lot of your time and energy. Thus, you’ll get more time to spend with your family or business.
However, there are lots of professional steamers available in the market for wallpaper removal, but most of them are not effective and don’t come with proper attachments.
We picked up and analyzed the performance of more than 13 popular models available in the USA. After testing and removing both thick and thin wallpapers with them, we have been able to compile a review list of Best 5 Steamers for removing Wallpapers without causing damage to the wall surface in any manner.
Wagner Spraytech 0282036... ||1,098 Reviews Check Price|
Wagner Spraytech 0282014... ||3,336 Reviews Check Price|
Wagner Spraytech 0282018... ||916 Reviews Check Price|
Goplus Wallpaper Steamer... ||52 Reviews Check Price|
Earlex SS77USSG Steam... ||248 Reviews Check Price|
Best 5 Wallpaper Steamers of 2020 – Remove wallpapers quickly & professionally
For convenience, we have listed the Best wallpaper removal steamers models that we reviewed.
- Best Overall: Wagner Spraytech 0282036 715 professional wallpaper removal
- Budget-Friendly Pick: Wagner Spraytech 0282014 915 affordable steamer
- Best in Multi-Purpose: Wagner Spraytech 0282018 powerful wallpaper steamer
- Longest Steam Time: GoPlus Chemical Free wallpaper remover
- Best in Portable: Earlex SS77USSG Lightweight Steam Machine
#1 Wagner Spraytech 0282036 715 – Best Steamer to remove Wallpapers
- CHEMICAL-FREE WALLPAPER REMOVER: Just add distilled water to this Wagner steam cleaner for a natural and environmentally friendly way to removal old or outdated wallpaper. No chemicals are needed, making this a safe option for a house with kids or pets
- EASY WAY TO REMOVE WALLPAPER: Use this steam cleaner to apply steam to your wallpaper. This will soften the adhesive backing, allowing for easy wallpaper stripping and removal
- TWO STEAMPLATES INCLUDED: The wallpaper steamer comes with a large 8" x 11" steamplate for large work areas and a small 3" x 6" steamplate for small work areas. With the two steamplates, you’ll be able to tackle nearly any project
- LONG RUN TIME: This wallpaper steamer offers up to 70 minutes of usage time on a full tank, which is perfect for big wallpaper removing projects
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: The steamer is lightweight and portable to easily maneuver around large rooms. Plus, the 12' cool-touch hose allows the user to work over a large area without constantly relocating the unit
Again and again, doing up and down to remove the wallpaper can give you severe back pain, but the same can be eased with Wagner wallpaper steamer.
Whether you want to remove a room size wallpaper or a small one, the Wagner Spraytech 0282036 steamer that is specially made for wallpaper removing, will be your savior in all cases. Its steam plates will heat up the wall within a few seconds and soften wallpaper adhesive for quick removal. And eventually, the sticky glue will start getting off the wall.
This wallpaper steam cleaner comes with two size steam plates. One is 3″ x 6″ which is suitable for removing small size wallpapers, whereas the second is 8″ x 11″ which suitable for big size or wall-size wallpaper.
Its beautifully designed body is made up of lightweight material and packed with big size water tank. Once the tank filled completely, you can get up to 70 minutes of steam time. So, you won’t need to worry even if you want to remove wallpapers from multiple rooms or walls as you can use it for an extra-long time.
The whole steaming operation is completely chemical-free and requires only ordinary water for generating steam.
To make it easy to carry, a sturdy handle has been built over its top, which feels very comfortable while carrying it and gives you another plus point.
Overall, it is the safest and effective steamer for removing wallpaper. Another good thing is that it comes with a very affordable price tag. Check out this reliable steam cleaner now!
#2 Wagner Spraytech 0282014 915 – Professional Multi-purpose Steamer
- No messy chemicals or chemical residue for steam cleaning or wallpaper removal
- On-demand fingertip steam control for continuous or intermittent steam
- Wallpaper steam plate removes wallpaper 20 percent faster than non-pressurized steamers
- Large pressurized boiler holds up to 48 ounces of water, up to 45 minutes of run time
- 8 ft steam hose allows for a large working area, includes 2 extension tubes for great reach on projects
Do you want more than just a wallpaper steam cleaner, which will be able to do help in home cleaning as well? If yes, then here we picked something for you!
The Wagner Spraytech 0282014 915 is a commercial steam machine, which is capable of removing sticky wallpaper without damaging your wall. Along with that, this incredible machine will also help in sanitizing your home floor, kitchen slab, or any corner deeply.
You don’t need to buy a wallpaper’s removing attachment separately, the steam plate is included in its box. With the help of it, a large room wallpaper removal can be done in no time. This chemical-free steamer contains a big water tank of size 48oz, which will provide you 45 minutes of non-stop steam flow.
And the good thing I really like about this one is the steam temperature. Its water heater is able to generate superhot steam of 212°F (100°C) which is highly effective for disinfecting appliances, bathroom tiles, windows, or any other home surfaces perfectly.
Its narrow hose improves the outflow pressure whereas the extension tubes help you for removing wallpapers present at height without using any stool or ladder.
The Wagner 915 is packed with various accessories which makes it a multi-purpose steam cleaner. Also, its long power cord makes it easy for you to use at an outdoor surface, where a power outlet is not available.
In all, it is an incredible steamer that every home should have. If you are looking for more like this, read out our top professional steam cleaners reviews.
#3 Wagner Spraytech 0282018 – Heavy Duty steam machine
- Electric wallpaper steamer; uses only tap water, no chemical mess
- Easy way to remove vinyl, painted, and multiple layers of wallpaper
- Lightweight durable plastic
- Includes reservoir and 8-by-11-inch steam plate, 6-foot power cord
- 1 gallon reservoir; 5.6 pounds; 1-year home-use warranty
If you are searching for a wall steamer for commercial purposes or just for your residential home, You need to see this.
The Wagner Spraytech 0282018 705 looks similar to Spraytech 0282036 715 and both of them provide almost the same functionality. However, this wallpaper steamer generates more heated steam, which improves the overall performance of this machine.
To provide a long run time, it is built with a 1-gallon water tank. You will get up to 1 and a half hours of non-stop steam easily. Its rigid body is made up of heavy and quality materials. So maybe you will feel it a bit heavy as compared to Spraytech 0282036 715 as it is designed as heavy-duty steamer.
It comes with a small 3″ x 6″ and a large 8″ x 11″ steam plate, which makes it perfect for both small as well as large work areas. Its long hose pipe helps you in reaching tough areas like a ceiling. Additionally, the 705’s small footprint makes it compact enough to store in a closet or nook until its next use.
If anyhow, you face any problem with this product. You don’t need to worry, its 1-year warranty will take care of it.
#4 Goplus Wallpaper Steamer – Provide the longest steam flow
- 【Chemical Free Cleaning】Just fill with clean-preferably hot water to wait for approx.25 mins and place the steam plate on your wall for about 10 seconds--the steam will penetrate the wallpaper, natural cleaning that lifts away dirt and grime on nearly any surface.
- 【High Temperature & Long Run Time】The 4.5 Liters water tank can produce approximately 3-hour steaming time per fill up, sufficient time to clear your mold wallpaper. And this steamer reaches up to 212°F (100°C), easy to remove vinyl, painted, and multiple layers of wallpaper. The short 2-minutes refilling and removing process provide great conveniences.
- 【Safety Cut-out Device】Safety cut-out is fitted to prevent overheating the elements when the water boils low. Remove the filler cover after 2 minutes and rinse with water. Then it will self-reset and reproduced steam within 5-25 minutes. Plus, the visible exterior water level indicator allows you to know when to refill and when to stop.
- 【Easy for Hard-to-reach Areas】With a lightweight design and two easy-grip handles, the steam wallpaper remover is portable enough to use anywhere. The 10 foot steam hose and rectangle structure allows you to remove wallpaper with ease, and the built-in handle on the steam plate allows for easy, one-handed operation.
- 【Versatile in Chores】This steamer is versatile and can be used for a wide variety of household including soil sterilization, weeds killing and vinyl floor tiles removal. Deep clean and sanitize by harnessing high-temperature water for solid surface as immaculate as they are environmental friendly.
Do you have a large house? And did you covered most of your home’s walls with amazing wallpapers? If yes, then you probably looking for a wallpaper remover steamer that has a long run time.
Here, we got you. This GoPlus gadget equipped with a 4.5 Liter large water tank, that is capable of providing a smooth steam flow up to 3 hours. Thus, you won’t face any hassle for refilling the tank repeatedly.
As you know, doing up and down from the ladder can be hard on your knees and if you have kids at home it gets worsen.
Additionally, it also attached with a 10Ft long steam hose. It makes it easy for you to remove the upper side (area near the ceiling) of the wallpaper without carrying this steam machine.
The vapor temperatures raise up to 212°F (100°C) within 15-25 minutes. This Superheated steam is highly effective, and in a couple of seconds, you can easily remove vinyl, painted, and multiple layers of wallpaper.
It is a versatile steamer and can be used for a wide variety of households including soil sanitization, deep floor cleaning, disinfecting solid surfaces, etc. You don’t need to worry about the harden chemicals as it is completely ec0-friendly.
Another plus point is that it is a safety cut-out device. Basically, it is fitted to prevent overheating the elements. So, you will definitely remain secured with this equipment.
#5 Earlex SS77USSG – Portable and Lightweight
- WOOD BENDING STEAMER: The Earlex Steam Generator is the perfect tool to help you on your wood bending projects
- LONG RUN TIME: The 1.3 gallon tank will provide steam for up to 2 hours in enough volume for a small to medium size steam box. Plus, the exterior water level indicator will let you know when to refill
- PERFECT FOR ANY WORKSHOP: The small electric steamer uses a 1500 watt element to rapidly generate steam within your steam box. Its small footprint allows for convenient storage in any workshop
- SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS: Includes instructions on how to build a steam box, and a steam box connector kit so you can be bending wood the same day
- BUILT-IN SAFETY FEATURES: The Steam Generator provides many safety features including a 12' cool to touch hose, thermal protection as well as an automatic suck back valve
Earlex SS77 USSG is another portable and lightweight wallpaper removal steam cleaner, which comes with a pocket-friendly price tag. Apart from removing wallpaper, it is also used for wood bending. So, if you do any wood related work, it would be a decent product for you.
Plus, it will provide you extra time for steaming. Thanks to its 1.3-gallon water tank, which is capable of serving hot steam for 120 minutes or 2 hours. Additionally, its exterior water level indicator will let you know when it’s going to empty.
Apart from this, it also featured several safety functionalities like 12′ cool to touch hose, thermal protection as well as an automatic suck back valve. So if your kids are running around while steaming, No worries its absolutely shockproof.
Its solid body is packed with 1500 watt boiler, which takes nearly 20 minutes for generating hot steam vapors.
You can definitely buy this wallpaper steamer and if you need extra steam plate go the following link. Overall, it is a great steam machine with a long-lasting tank and rigid body. Get one for yourself!
How does a Steam Wallpaper Remover work?
The advantages of hot water with a dash of detergent when peeling wallpaper have been known by home and craftsmen for decades. The special mixture dissolves old adhesives like the smallest from the walls so that the wallpaper can be pulled in small and large pieces from the wall. Depending on the age and material of the wallpaper and the nature of the adhesive, you can move forward only by a few centimeters.
With a steam wallpaper remover as a technical device, you perfect the said principle. Apply hot water to your walls with constant dry vapor steam pressure, so that even old and stubborn adhesives are easier to loosen. The use of the spatula is often no longer necessary with the repeated shutdown of the individual webs since the old wallpaper from the steam simply falls off the wall itself. A real workload that saves a lot of time and nerves.
Important criteria when buying a Wallpaper Removal Steamer
At first glance, all modern steam wallpaper removers, which the specialist trade holds ready for you. Manufacturers offer the device in two components: A water tank including boiler and steam generation technology, and a light steam plate that will guide you over your wallpaper. The use is usually via a classic power connection, few devices allow the additional use of batteries.
When buying modern steam wallpaper remover is to pay more attention to the product details, in the type and frequency of use of the device. Key factors in product purchasing include:
With the tank volume, you define the length of the operating time with one tank filling. Basically, the wallpaper remover after refilling the tank is refillable but passes depending on the performance of the device some time to re-use.
Smaller devices have a tank between 2.5 and 3.5 liters, their service life is about one hour. Premium equipment that you should use for professional use can be refueled with 4.0 to 6.0 liters. The useful life reaches quickly between 90 and 120 minutes.
Volume and weight are directly related to each other in the steam wallpaper remover. For ease of use, a low device weight of around two kilograms is recommended, although not yet the filling of the tank is set up.
You also need to differentiate between the weight of the device and the weight of the steam plate. The panel itself actively guides you over your walls, the component weighs only 200 to 300 grams for most manufacturers. The entire station with its several kilograms, however, is only a few times during use to move depending on the size of the room.
How often you have to move the entire station in the room depends on the size of the room along with the length of the enclosed hose. The ideal is the longest possible connection between the tank station and steam plate, with a too-large hose length can have a negative effect on the vapor pressure.
Many manufacturers rely on a hose length between 3.0 and 3.5 meters, which has a practical reason: If the station is on the ground, it is also possible to remove cover wallpaper.
The said radius of the hose is often sufficient in small rooms to work the entire space. Set up the station centrally and reach most of the walls without having to move the device again. Especially if you are working daily with a steam wallpaper stripper at work, you will be glad of any relief of your hand grips.
In order to make a real difference between a steam wallpaper remover and manual labor, the steam should release with noticeable pressure from the hose and steam plate. Industry-wide, a standard value of 50 grams of steam per minute has become established.
This makes it easy to remove your wallpaper without damaging your walls or making it dangerous to use the unit due to escaping hot air. When buying, ideally, do not choose a device that differentiates the steam power mentioned.
Notes on the correct use of the wallpaper peelers
If you incorporate the above advice in the purchase of your steam wallpaper remover, you lay the best foundation for a clean and fast work. But even the best device will not make your job much easier if you do not use it properly. Therefore, take the following application tips to heart, so that the next wallpapering is easy and safe:
- Each model of well-known manufacturers attaches the highest value to safe use without risk of injury. Nevertheless, a proper application is important so that hot steam does not escape at the wrong moment and cause burns to the hands. For this reason, the remover should only be used after a training period and should never come into the hands of children.
- To remove wallpaper from the wall as quickly as possible, work on it gradually. Especially laymen often steam the entire web of a wallpaper. The one end of the track is often dry again when you have just reached the other end.
- In old buildings or other high ceilings, the use of a ladder when steaming walls and ceilings is indispensable. Pay attention to particularly high work safety. Otherwise, there is the risk of a fall, which is doubly risky in conjunction with hot steam.
- When using a steam wallpaper remover, the room should be as empty as possible and no objects should stand around. These are a trip hazard or prevent the hose guide of the device runs as straight as possible.
- Even if it is not necessary with modern and efficient equipment, some users moisten their wallpaper with bucket and detergent. Prevent the risk of electricity and water impacting each other by placing the electrical device as far away from your buckets as possible.
How meaningful are independent tests
There have been no independent test reports from renowned platforms such as Stiftung Warentest for Dampf Tapetenablöser in the recent past. Online you can get some well-founded information on individual devices, which you can subject yourself to a comparison according to the above criteria.
Questions and Tips about the steam wallpaper remover
Do I have to wait for the tank to warm up?
Yes, for optimal use of the remover, the water must first be brought to full temperature. Powerful devices manage to do this within ten minutes, a quarter of an hour to 20 minutes is not uncommon.
Does not the wall get wet with a steam wallpaper remover?
The risk of wet walls is basically given but remains at the correct use of steam wallpaper remover to a minimum. It is important to use steam pressure and water volume according to the specifications of the manufacturer and not to stay too long on a wall position.
Can the functionality be extended?
Many private households paper only every few years and therefore shy away from buying the product. Here are worthwhile models as an alternative, which can be used in everyday life as well as a classic steam cleaner.